Thursday, December 18, 2008

Birthday Burgers

I think it's really smart for companies like restaurants and theme parks to lure you in on your birthday by offering you free food or admission. Disney is starting this in January, just think they get the whole family there because one person has a birthday and can get in for free. What if you have 4 kids and they all want to go to Disney World on their birthday? That would be 4 free tickets, but 4 trips to Florida and admission for 5 others. So you spend about $250 just to save $50 each time you go. Oh and don't forget about staying in their hotel and eating their $10 hot dogs.

I'm not immune to getting excited about free stuff though. I signed us up for the Red Robin birthday club. A week before your birthday you get a coupon by email for a free burger. So I took my wife to Red Robin on her birthday and we chowed down on some high quality burgers. When my daughter is born next month I'm going to sign her up right away so I get a free burger on her birthday... it doesn't say that YOU have to eat it for it to be free, you just have to be there.

I wonder what other companies offer free stuff on your birthday... I should sign us up for all of them.

No comments: