Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Last night I was watching Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years Eve as I was all cozy in my apartment 65 miles away. I sat there thinking that those people must be idiots to want to freeze themselves just to watch a flashing ball slide down a pole 60 stories above their heads.

Yesterday we had two inches of snow and in the city there were 30mph wind gusts ripping up the avenues causing a wind chill of 0(zero) degrees. The people on TV didn't seem to mind too much. They were just happy to be in New York for New Years Eve. I think that when you live here things begin to lose their luster, the magic is gone. I've always thought New York is a nice place to visit, especially when you want to go out and you don't care how much money you spend.

Christmas time in New York is awesome though. The tree at Rockefeller center, the window displays up and down 5th avenue, it is truly something to see. If you ever get the chance, don't pass it up but be sure to bring a warm coat, hat, gloves and a scarf. You're going to need them.

No comments: