Saturday, July 12, 2008

Blockbuster Video

I have a Blockbuster online account that mails videos right to my house for a "low monthly fee." The cool part is that I get unlimited trade-in's at the stores. So when I'm done with whatever video I've been watching I trade it in.

This morning I went to the Blockbuster video and noticed a guy standing outside smoking. I thought to myself, "that guy looks like a rocker" and said to my wife, "is that a two headed moose on that guy's shirt?" My wife asks me, "is that Rob Thomas?" I said, "it kind of looks like him. He lives around here somewhere. Probably not though."

He kept looking around as if to see if anyone was watching him and I said, "maybe it IS Rob Thomas." I wondered what kind of car Rob Thomas might drive thinking sports car of some sort. The guy left with a 10-year-old kid in a 700 series BMW and I thought, "he wouldn't drive a Beemer, and does he have a kid?"

So I get home and Wikipedia says that he has a son named Maison and he's 10 years old. Then I look at some pictures on Getty Images from two weeks ago, looks like the guy I saw. Then the clincher, Wikipedia entry for the town says he lives there.

I guess you never can tell who you might run into at Blockbuster video on a Saturday morning in upper Westchester county.

No comments: